How to switch from HDD to SSD on my Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop? (Model:AN515-53-52FA)

Options
2»

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    BertLife said:
    @brummyfan2
    sorry I'm just not sure what to do after what happened.
    Hi,
    I can think only of the original plan which was in my earlier post, take off the M.2 SSD, boot with HDD and install Minitool Partition wizard free, then install the M.2 SSD and format it, make sure that you don't format the HDD, it's very important, then use migrate feature in Minitool Partition wizard and migrate everything from HDD to SSD, then go to BIOS screen and move to Boot tab, make M.2 SSD as your first boot device.HTH.
  • BertLife
    BertLife Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Options
    @brummyfan2
    Ok, so what I'm going to try is to reformat the SSD (with the Hard Drive back in) and see if I can recopy all my stuff over and if it will work from there.
    If that doesn't work, then I'll try doing it your way with Minitool Partition wizard free.
    Thanks again 
  • BertLife
    BertLife Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @brummyfan2
    So I just recloned the SSD and it seems to be working again. I am booting through the SSD which is good.
    Unfortunately now I have 2 more issues. When I log in to Windows, my mouse is permanently loading when and I can't right click anything.
    Also the applications all appear as blank white icons instead of their normal appearences. A quick note about this too, these two issues both started after I replaced the hard drive and put it back in.
    You wouldn't know how to fix these two issues, would you?
    Update: I think I fixed the loading mouse cursor issue, but the icons are still broken after a restart of the laptop.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    So when you install the SSD only you don't get these two problems? If so, make sure the cloning was successful by checking the partition size, then connect the HDD with a USB to SATA cable and format it, I must point out that when you format the HDD, everything will be wiped, so it's your responsibility to make sure that cloning has been done correctly.
    You can not have the OS in two drives,  you have to format the HDD and use it as a storage.