How to up the refresh rate on Acer Predator X34P

iTzVato
iTzVato Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone forgive me if this has been answered...( i have tried to find the answer) So i recently got a Pre built Acer Nitro 50 desktop rocking a GTX1650.. Along with the desktop i got the Predator X34P Monitor. I have no display port at the back of the tower just a HDMI port so i went out to buy a HDMI 2.0 cable capable of running up to 144hz 4k yada yada in hopes it will allow me to overclock. But still i cant access the menu in the OSD to overclock nore do i see NVIDIA G-SYNC opp in the control panel. Am i doing something wrong here? Is the only way to achieve higher refresh rate is to use a Displayport? Because i have people telling me that shouldn't be the case considering the HDMI 2.0 i got. So im asking anyone here who has had expereince with this help shed some light for me thank you!

Answers

• jamie1073
    jamie1073 Member Posts: 1 New User
    From what I have read of the specs only 60Hz is available on the HDMI port.  DisplayPort gets you the higher refresh rates as HDMI is not capable of more than 60Hz on most if not all video cards.