Unattached white coloured wire Aspire 4820T

hhrulesok
hhrulesok Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi All!

My questions pertains to my laptop: Acer Aspire 4820T (TimeLineX). SNID ************* 

I'm currently trying to narrow down the cause of random system reboots.

This question just for now, though is just to try and eliminate one possible cause namely I've noticed an unattached WHITE wire that comes from
the direction of the battery. Other black wires bundled with it plugs in the standard plastic power connection on the the motherboard.

(I have a picture of the wires including the "stray" white one but I cannot see any way to upload here?)

So (finally!) the question: Does this white wire need to connect somewhere? Nothing obvious to me though :(

Thanks for any help,

hhrulesok

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• Hi,
    When you reply, you can click "Attach image" and post the picture.

• hhrulesok said:
    Hi All!

My questions pertains to my laptop: Acer Aspire 4820T (TimeLineX). SNID 10801903625

I'm currently trying to narrow down the cause of random system reboots.

This question just for now, though is just to try and eliminate one possible cause namely I've noticed an unattached WHITE wire that comes from
    the direction of the battery. Other black wires bundled with it plugs in the standard plastic power connection on the the motherboard.

(I have a picture of the wires including the "stray" white one but I cannot see any way to upload here?)

So (finally!) the question: Does this white wire need to connect somewhere? Nothing obvious to me though :(

Thanks for any help,

hhrulesok

Hi,
    Are you asking about this antenna wires?

• hhrulesok

Tinkerer

Hi brummyfan2

Thank you for your replies.

1. Here's the picture of the white wire.

2. Doesn't seem to me from your picture that's it's same wire judging by location/length.

For further orientation, the right-hand side of the picture, is the battery side aka back of laptop.

My white wire has 2 holes so is a "female" plug.
  • Hi,
    No problem, I couldn't find any such cable connected on the motherboard, could you please check whether it's the speaker cable, yes you are right that it's not the antenna cable.
    See whether these pictures help you in anyway, middle snip is the power cable but can not see a white cable nearby:

• hhrulesok

Tinkerer

Hi brummyfan2

I been trying to get to the cause of the random rebooting and things have NOT gone well. RIP my acer 4820T laptop this morning.
    i.e. powering on, but no boot process.

I opened the inspection cover and noticed the mains wire was loose ie able to pull / push to and fro. I thought I good, I might
    have found the cause of the random bootings but it seems to me, the lack of boot process now means the motherboard is now an ex-motherboard??!!

So, I wonder if you have any thoughts on how I might proceed. I wonder if could try to get a 2nd hand m/b and ask my computer shop
    to fix in for me? I'll ask them for their thoughts, but I definitely appreciate yours as well.

hhrulesok

(I'm in London so at least I have a choice of computer shops to consult.)

BTW Before this last issue, sound was playing ok within Windows, so I guess the unattached white wire wasn't an audio wire?

• hhrulesok said:
    Hi brummyfan2

I been trying to get to the cause of the random rebooting and things have NOT gone well. RIP my acer 4820T laptop this morning.
    i.e. powering on, but no boot process.

I opened the inspection cover and noticed the mains wire was loose ie able to pull / push to and fro. I thought I good, I might
    have found the cause of the random bootings but it seems to me, the lack of boot process now means the motherboard is now an ex-motherboard??!!

So, I wonder if you have any thoughts on how I might proceed. I wonder if could try to get a 2nd hand m/b and ask my computer shop
    to fix in for me? I'll ask them for their thoughts, but I definitely appreciate yours as well.

hhrulesok

(I'm in London so at least I have a choice of computer shops to consult.)

BTW Before this last issue, sound was playing ok within Windows, so I guess the unattached white wire wasn't an audio wire?

Hi,
    Sorry to hear that the MB died, anyway, I think it has served you well, I have found a MB in an auction site but you have to find exact MB number and look for it in online stores like in my example, the following MBs are compatible:
    MB.PSE06.001
    MB.PSN06.001
    MB.PSG06.001
    These are all Intel MBs, what's your current MB? Is it Intel or AMD chipset?
    Get a quotation for installing the MB and if it's not too expensive, get it fixed.
  • hhrulesok

Tinkerer

The MB is intel, so (most likely?) the MB numbers you quoted are the ones to go for?

I not able/confident to take the case off myself to check the actual MB number on my system (only the "inspection cover)

Thanks for your help and advice. Much appreciated.