My Acer Aspire 3 wont turn on

Lynder063
Lynder063 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
It wont turn on. Even the logo doesnt show as usually. I recently installed ubuntu and normally rebooted my pc and than it doesnt boot up. I let it run out of battery but it doesnt seem to work

Answers

• Lynder063
    Piter said:
    Check out a post at https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-ubuntu-linux-pc-wont-boot/.
    If GRUB is not loading, you can repair it using the Ubuntu installation disc or USB stick. Restart the computer with the disc inserted, and wait for it to load up. You may need to change your computer’s boot order in the system BIOS to ensure that the disk boots. Make a note of the boot order before you change it!

Before you do any change to your computer, you need to always backup your computer so that you can restore it to previous point that runs well, just keep this in mind.

It still doesn't work. I recorded a video.
    https://youtu.be/kc0BfPmf9MU
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Unplug the charger. Gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom for about 10 seconds. Then let the machine rest for 15 mins. Then plug the charger back in. Then try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lynder063
    JackE said:
    Unplug the charger. Gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom for about 10 seconds. Then let the machine rest for 15 mins. Then plug the charger back in. Then try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ
    Stil doesn't work :/
  • JackE
    >>>I recently installed ubuntu and normally rebooted my pc and than it doesnt boot up.>>>
    (1) Did it ever boot after installing ubuntu?
    (2) What was the original factory installed operating system if any?
    (3) Did you try to do a firmware update?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lynder063
    JackE said:
    >>>I recently installed ubuntu and normally rebooted my pc and than it doesnt boot up.>>>
    (1) Did it ever boot after installing ubuntu?
    (2) What was the original factory installed operating system if any?
    (3) Did you try to do a firmware update?

Jack E/NJ
    (1)Yes

(2)Windows 10

(3)No
  • JackE
    (1) Dual boot?

(2) Or did you erase the Win10 system & EFI partitions along with the factory hidden ACER recovery partition?

(3) Is disk still GPT with UEFI bootstrap?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ