Geforce 940MX not detected Aspire E5-774G-513X

Options
plasneon
plasneon Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
It says on website that it has a 940MX but it isnt in device manager. I have tried going to bios but theres nothing about GPU i can change. I can only use integrated intel graphics. The back of the laptop says its an Aspire E5-774-500Y, the sticker on the front says E5-774G-513X. WHAT?! I tried installing nVidia drivers but it says i dont have an nVidia GPU. Im trying to install Windows 7 on it to see if its just windows 10 problem. The bios is also up to date. I cant think of anything else to do...

Help?

i5-7200u
"Geforce 940MX"
8GB ram
64-bit windows 10

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That's where the problem lies. The E5-774G has the GeForce, the E5-774 does not. Sounds like they either shipped you the wrong model or ordered it wrong.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That's where the problem lies. The E5-774G has the GeForce, the E5-774 does not. Sounds like they either shipped you the wrong model or ordered it wrong.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • plasneon
    Options
    Alright thanks, i bought it off of someone else... looks like some sketchy stuff happening here. But its really weird, theres stickers on the front that say GeForce 940MX and E5-774G-513X?? Can you buy those online or something?
  • billsey
    Options
    I'm guessing it's a hybrid with the display, and it's stickers off the G model but the base is the non-G.
  • plasneon
    Options
    Great, now the screen doesnt turn on and it isnt detected in windows either. Only external displays work. I tried changing the memory but still the same. And in the ssd compartment theres a piece of cardboard holding the ssd in place. When taken away the ssd shakes and hits the body of the laptop so i put it back.

Please. Help. Me. I have seen a laptop for €250, i think im getting that one. ***** this is one hell of a journey. I saw somewhere that you need to restart the battery but the only removable part reveals RAM and the SSD. 
  • plasneon
    Options
    Its fixed now...