My Acer cloudbook 11 laptop

Raytee
Raytee Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
My ascer was working fine then it got an update and it got stuck on bootloop my grandson said he could fix it now it is no bootable device when I go to bios to reset the f9 button you know it will not reset it says f12 menu is disabled  on main menu and then it says  secure boot is enabled help

Answers

• Raytee
    My Acer cloudbook 11 got stuck on a boot loop after update my grandson said he can fix it so now it says no bootable device so I go to bios and I do the f9 button to reset but it does it reset it it keeps the same and I don't know where I was today. Can somebody help me please
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Let's try to pin it down a bit more. In the BIOS can you tell if it's set for UEFI or Legacy boot? Which OS is installed, Windows 7 or 10? It would also help if we know just which model you have...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Raytee
    Hey just saw message it is windows 10
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    OK, Windows 10 really wants you to boot in UEFI mode. It's worth checking in the BIOS to make sure he didn't change that to Legacy mode. If it's be changed to Legacy it's a simple matter to go back to UEFI and it should find the boot again, though it might not fix the original boot looping problem. If he didn't change the mode he might have tweaked something wrong in the actual boot partition, it's a very small (100MB) partition that's normally hidden. You'll want to grab a flash drive, 8GB or larger, and create a Windows install disk from the Microsoft site. Once you have that we'll go through the process of looking at your partitions to see if there's anything wrong there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.