How to fix the problem of sudden fps drops in games? nitro 5

XSKYZXSKYZ Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2019 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
Hello, I have a laptop acer nitro 5 for less than a year and recently there have been problems with liquidity in games. Specifically, about the situation where everything works properly and suddenly there is a few seconds decrease to low fps. I count on help.

FAQ & Answers

• andylbandylb ACE Posts: 3,828 Pathfinder
    XSKYZ said:
    Hello, I have a laptop acer nitro 5 for less than a year and recently there have been problems with liquidity in games. Specifically, about the situation where everything works properly and suddenly there is a few seconds decrease to low fps. I count on help.

Please post your exact model number, for example AN515-** and I will be happy to help, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• XSKYZXSKYZ Member Posts: 3 New User
    I've got AN515-53-52FA
    It may be that your games are running on the dedicated GPU and not on the discrete Nvidia GPU. So do this

1. Go to the Nvidia control center and under manage 3d settings/Preferred Graphics processor set to your Nvidia GPU then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU/High Performance

2. Make sure Windows is set to high performance and you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you

Please click YES if I have ansered your question, thankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• XSKYZXSKYZ Member Posts: 3 New User
    I had the nvidia settings as you recommended. How do I set the highest windows performance? I tried to clean my computer, updated card components, and there are still drops. I was also surprised by the point about keeping the laptop on a 100% battery. I look forward to clarification and further advice.

Modern gaming laptops cannot reach 100% performance unless the battery is at 100% AND plugged in, battery alone does not have enough power to allow the CPU and GPU to operate at High Performance consistently so to preserve battery power the CPU is throttled back 50% when on battery alone.
    For High performance go to Nitrosense and set the High Power and also go to Settings and do the same, screenshots below

Please click YES if I have answered your question

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Wolfensteinz101Wolfensteinz101 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi can u help me.. My Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 have a fps drop.. My laptop lagging very much when play games.. Pls help me.. 😔 
    Hi can u help me.. My Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 have a fps drop.. My laptop lagging very much when play games.. Pls help me.. 😔 

Please start a new Topic of your own and I will be glad to help. It keeps things easier if each question has it's own Topic

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★