How to change LCD cable on chromebook c43-431 and leftover black wire?

texasStrong
texasStrong Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My high school son uses an Acer Chromebook 14 CB3-431. Great system, the ids are locked down in a google group.  The system ran fine for 3 years. Then the screen started showing about 1/3 of the lower area covered in random horizontal lines.  When plugged into an external monitor the display was good.  I decided the LCD or the wire was going bad.   So I watched many videos on changing the screen. No big deal. But I didn't find any video on replacing the wire.  So I took it apart an inch, and put together an inch. I thought I had everything just right. I got almost all of it back in place when boom, there is a black wire with some solder on the end not connected to anything. Crud. I can't find a hardware spec.  Anyone know where this wire goes?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    These are the WLAN antenna wires, see:

The picture is not clear, but the cable is connected in this region:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • texasStrong
    texasStrong Member Posts: 2 New User
    Any way to take a close up picture where the black wire is attached?
  • The picture is not sharp, but it looks like the black cable is plugged in the same place as the white cable:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • This image may help you identify the correct location:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer