My laptop is not starting up - Aspire 5749Z

Options
BBLode
BBLode Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have a problem with my old laptop Aspire 5749Z. For some reason, it does not start up. First I thought it is a battery so I bought a new one but that did not help at all. I have also tried to follow many Youtube videos of people who had the same problem. None of them worked.... Any idea of how to resolve it? Thank you!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    By "not starting up" do you mean it doesn't load all the way into Windows, it goes through POST but doesn't find Windows to load, it shows the splash screen but goes no farther or it doesn't even show the Acer splash? (or something else. :))
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BBLode
    Options
    It does not even switch on, there is only a blue light for 2 secs, screen does not turn on at all. No sound as well.
  • billsey
    Options
    You were right in thinking it was battery related, that's about the most common symptom of a battery issue. Normally putting a new battery in fixes it though. Is there a chance the charger is having issues? The blue light usually means the battery is charged, but not in all models. Also, any chance you didn't get the new battery fully plugged in?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BBLode
    Options
    I have already checked the charger multiple times and it is fine. Same for the new battery, it's all plugged in. 
  • billsey
    Options
    Then I'm out of ideas unless the new battery is bad (and it has been known to happen).