Does Having More Storage Boost Gameplay? If So, How Much Should I Have Left? (Predator Helios 300)

AceGames
AceGames Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Im curious to know whether having less storage on my predator helios 300 will boost my gameplay and which disk will affect it more? I've seen articles saying its false and some people saying its true. If You Truly Know The Answer, Kindly Post A Comment Telling Me Whether Its True Or False. Thanks! 

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It depends somewhat on where the games are storing their local data. Most, if not all, Predator Helios 500 SKUs have both a SSD and a HDD installed. The former is much faster than the latter, but also a fair amount smaller. With a SSD the percentage of storage left doesn't really affect it's speed, with a HDD it can affect the speed significantly. Where are you at currently with the drives?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Try moving some of your more static data, like music, videos or documents off to the HDD to free up some space on the SSD. If that doesn't help much bring up properties on the SSD and do a Disk Cleanup.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• AceGames
    edited November 2019
    NHQ53SG002 sorry forgot to add the partnumber.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    It depends somewhat on where the games are storing their local data. Most, if not all, Predator Helios 500 SKUs have both a SSD and a HDD installed. The former is much faster than the latter, but also a fair amount smaller. With a SSD the percentage of storage left doesn't really affect it's speed, with a HDD it can affect the speed significantly. Where are you at currently with the drives?
  • AceGames
    billsey said:

Actually my ssd is only the one with low storage my hdd is perfectly fine. :+1: Thanks for answering!

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Try moving some of your more static data, like music, videos or documents off to the HDD to free up some space on the SSD. If that doesn't help much bring up properties on the SSD and do a Disk Cleanup.
  • AceGames
    billsey said:
    oh ok thanks for your help.
  • billsey
    Let us know if that got it...