KG271u dual screen, 1 flickering

HumptyDumpty
HumptyDumpty Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hello all,

I searched the forum for a similar thread but couldn't find anything, so I hope I'm not repeating something already posted.

I recently got 2 KG271u monitors and hooked them up to my docking station, which is attached to a Lenovo T480s (i5).  Both monitors powered on, and received signal as expected but then my left monitor started flickering.  I don't mean flickering like turning on/off quickly, but more like a refresh rate issue.  Finally got into the device manager and noticed that the refresh rates for both monitors were set to something like 29.  Upped that to 60 on each, and it seems to have done the trick - except now everything on the monitor in question is lagging slightly behind.  Also, I can't get the res over 1920x1080 on that same monitor.  If I alternate inputs, the other monitor has the issue.  If I use only 1 monitor, both work fine.

I've updated as much as I possibly could have, in terms of drivers and settings but I'm still not having a good user experience :(

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    I'm guessing the docking station is introducing the lag. A lot of the less expensive models have trouble keeping up with multiple outputs at full resolution.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.