Aspire A515-51g Bios update faild

nimafire
nimafire Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello
my current bios version is 1.2 and i tr y to update it to latest version so download latest one from acer website and try to execute C5V01202.exe file as help me say.
but nothing happen, no page display.
no antivirus or firewall intalled
ive also disable windows smart, def, firewall, antiv but nothing change,

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    What problem are you trying to fix with the BIOS firmware update? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nimafire
    i want t change keyboard backlight timeout but any way, i want to update bios, isnt possible to have new version ?
  • I believe that no bios version for this model provides this function:
    Resultado de imagem para backlit keyboard bios acer
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nimafire
    i havent this option under my bios settings
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Do not try to force a BIOS update if your machine is functioning properly under v1.2. The risk of bad side effects or worse are higher for BIOS updates than for normal driver updates. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nimafire
    in this case how cna i increase backlight timeout ?
    also is there any power management tools for acer?
    asus has this software and you can add extra profile
  • Asus and dell offer more bios features for more advanced users and also offer more choices about the power capabilities of the computer. Dell, for example, has a program that allows the user to lock the battery charge in power options and I know that because my brother owns a Dell notebook. On the keyboard backlit, I've also noticed that other manufacturers make this feature you want available. Unfortunately, acer does not offer these functions on its notebooks.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)