Increase RAM on Acer Aspire GX-785-EB11

Shh
Shh Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Can I increase the ram on my Acer Aspire GX-785-EB11? I find it's slow running out of memory...currently 16GB ram

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    @Shh
    You can upgrade till 64Gb of memory 
    Memory Support DDR4 1.2V 2133/2400 MHz U-DIMMs (4GB, 8GB or 16GB) dual channel up to 64GB total memory
    Number of DIMM slot 4

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    @Shh
    You can upgrade till 64Gb of memory 
    Memory Support DDR4 1.2V 2133/2400 MHz U-DIMMs (4GB, 8GB or 16GB) dual channel up to 64GB total memory
    Number of DIMM slot 4

• Shh

Tinkerer

Great! Thanks so much..
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    16GB RAM should be plenty. Open TaskManager to see what apps and programs may be running in the background and on startup that you really don't need. Disable them. Also uninstall, don't just disable, any non-Microsoft anti-virus that may also be running needlessly --- like McAfee, AVG, Norton, MalwareBytes, etc ---- Microsoft's Defender and Malicious Software Removal Tool applications are all most folks need nowadays. This should significantly speed up the machine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shh

Tinkerer

Thanks JackE I do use Photoshop and Affinity Designer and have the need to have a lot of files open, but lately it's so slow.. I will upgrade the ram but also check on the programs you mentioned. I have disabled a lot from startup but I am never too sure of what's required and what is excess junk!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    >>> I have disabled a lot from startup but I am never too sure of what's required and what is excess junk! >>>

Heh-heh. Almost everything that loads on startup seems to be excess junk. I keep disabling stuff one-by-one starting with the low impact stuff till I notice something bad seems to happen on the next boot.  Carry on!   :) Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ