Charging stops while using heavy applications aspire 5742

theloyalhusky
theloyalhusky Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, 
I have an acer aspire 5742. Since past few days, I have been facing a strange issue. When I boot up my laptop, it works fine. The moment I open any heavy application such as chrome, within few seconds, laptop stops charging. All the LEDs start blinking simultaneously. I get the notification that the charging has stopped and the laptop abruptly turns off. If I don't open any application, laptop keeps working. While the application is open and LEDs start blinking, if I close all the applications and remove and reconnect the charging chord, it starts working again and LEDs stop blinking. The laptops battery is dead already, but it was working fine just while connected to cable. I checked the fan and its working properly. Please help!!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon theloyalhusky !

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    When the system requires high performance for some application, some of the concrete energy is used to calibrate internal voltages.
    After use, it will recharge normally.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• theloyalhusky
    theloyalhusky Member Posts: 2 New User
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon theloyalhusky !

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    When the system requires high performance for some application, some of the concrete energy is used to calibrate internal voltages.
    After use, it will recharge normally.

Hello,
    Thanks for the reply, but the laptop isnt working at all. The moment I open a simple application such as chrome, it shuts off! It has become useless for me now and I am unable to find a solution. 

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Did you perform the battery reset procedure?
    Tested another charger?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!