Acer Aspire 5, A515-43 keyboard symbols map?

ineuw
ineuw Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
This being my first Windows laptop, it is a 15.6" model with a numpad, which I constantly use. But then, I loose the Home and End functions, unless I can figure out how to accomplish this while the numlock is on. Is there a web page which explains the alternate navigation symbols on the Acer?

Answers

• Have you checked for an option called function key behavior in bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ineuw
    Have you checked for an option called function key behavior in bios?
    Much thans thanks for your BIOS reminder and apologize for the late reply. I found both the Function key and the keyboard backlight settings. This is very helpful, but I am looking for info on which key combination to use for the Home and End navigators when the numlock is active (if they exist). There are |<< and >>| symbols alongside the left and right arrows, but realized that they are media buttons.

• I have the an515-51 model, and the home and end keys work even if numlock is not enabled. Try changing the function key behavior to media key or special key and make sure it solves the problem.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ineuw
    I have the an515-51 model, and the home and end keys work even if numlock is not enabled. Try changing the function key behavior to media key or special key and make sure it solves the problem.
    It's the opposite. :-) Home and End only work when the numlock is OFF. On my model, which is a low end model, I only have one of each and they are part of the Numpad. When Numlock is off then they function normally as they should. But I need both the two navigation keys and Numpad. So, when I turn the the Numpad on, the Home and end keys

The BIOS only has 2 settings. Media or Function mode. with Function mode, the F-keys work mormally (F1-F12). - In Media mode, I need to use the Fn key in combination with the button to execute the same commands as the Function mode. These two options have no effect on the Numpad keys. I tried them both.

I won't get an answer unless I ask Acer directly, and even then, I doubt if it's available. I don't want you to waste your time. I am a user of Autohotkey and will try to create these keys. Will post here the results. . . . and thanks for all your input.
  • OK! I understood. But what happens when you leave numlock ON and press the fn + home and fn + end keys? It works?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ineuw
    OK! I understood. But what happens when you leave numlock ON and press the fn + home and fn + end keys? It works?
    Unfortunately nothing. I tried every possible 2 and 3 key combinations.