Predator G9 592 new ssd hard

tunisation
tunisation Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi
I have Predator G9 592
I have a problem when I replace ssd hard disk with another , the laptop can not read the new ssd hard disk , it not apear in the BIOS or Disk Management
I donot know why and I donot know what can I do?
Thanks

Best Answers

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    tunisation bare in mind not all m.2 ports support nvme as @egydiocoelho already stated above if its not showing up you are not using the correct supported m.2 4 x lanes port also as i said your original ssd its sata only and the one youre replacing with its nvme
    This is your storage:

Storage Subsystem 
    Solid state drive 
    Storage 1: M.2 2280 SATA Gen3x2 or PCIe x4 Gen3 for SSD
    Storage 2: Optional : M.2 2280 *1 (SATA Express) for SSD
    Storage 3: HDD : 9.5 / 7.2 / 7mm co-lay
    128GB/256GB/512GB SSD
    Hard disk drive 
    SATA Type, 5400 RPM, 2.5 ", Slim with height of 7.2/9.5 mm
    go with SATA 3

Now the question is are you replacing your current drive (if so have you already cloned it into the new drive with easeus partition master or similar) or just adding extra drive for storage in this case you would probably want to try slot 1 for your nvme as i suspect slot 2 might be sata only (dunno the exact order) but thats why you cant get it recognized also bare in mind by doing this you have to change your bootloader order might still boot up windows or not its a chance you have to take if it doesnt boot windows you have to clone your sata ssd into the nvme and use the nvme as system drive instead

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Both should work correctly on the nvme port.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    In fact, both m2 slots are 2280. However, to use either slot, you need this adapter:

Either slot accepts only SATA 3 and the other accepts both NVM and SATA.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Does ssd appear on the bios info tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tunisation

it not appear in the BIOS or Disk Management

• Which of these slots is ssd nvme being connected to?

Only one of these slots accepts nvme and another accepts only sata.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tunisation
    Yes I put ssd in this slot but it no work or appear

• What happens when you put in another slot?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    tunisation bare in mind not all m.2 ports support nvme as @egydiocoelho already stated above if its not showing up you are not using the correct supported m.2 4 x lanes port also as i said your original ssd its sata only and the one youre replacing with its nvme
    This is your storage:

Storage Subsystem 
    Solid state drive 
    Storage 1: M.2 2280 SATA Gen3x2 or PCIe x4 Gen3 for SSD
    Storage 2: Optional : M.2 2280 *1 (SATA Express) for SSD
    Storage 3: HDD : 9.5 / 7.2 / 7mm co-lay
    128GB/256GB/512GB SSD
    Hard disk drive 
    SATA Type, 5400 RPM, 2.5 ", Slim with height of 7.2/9.5 mm
    go with SATA 3

Now the question is are you replacing your current drive (if so have you already cloned it into the new drive with easeus partition master or similar) or just adding extra drive for storage in this case you would probably want to try slot 1 for your nvme as i suspect slot 2 might be sata only (dunno the exact order) but thats why you cant get it recognized also bare in mind by doing this you have to change your bootloader order might still boot up windows or not its a chance you have to take if it doesnt boot windows you have to clone your sata ssd into the nvme and use the nvme as system drive instead

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• tunisation
    So , Is it possible to nominate a ssd hard for my laptop from samsung brand
  • tunisation

which one ??????

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Both should work correctly on the nvme port.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tunisation
    M.2 Slot
    2x M.2 slots (2280 + 22110, M keys)
    But the other slot is 22110 and all this ssd 2280
    So what can i do??
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    In fact, both m2 slots are 2280. However, to use either slot, you need this adapter:

Either slot accepts only SATA 3 and the other accepts both NVM and SATA.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tunisation
    thank you very mush for all comments
  • You are welcome!Post the result here when you purchase ssd.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer