Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Nitro 5 - Nvidia drivers

Sh1ftY42xSh1ftY42x Posts: 4Member New User
edited November 9 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
Hey everyone!  I have an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop and I'm just curious if any of you are having issues installing updated drivers for the Nvidia gtx 1050?

Doesn't matter what I do, Geforce experience will not load it just fails when opening, if I try to uninstall it, it will, but now it won't load at all.  The drivers continuously fail and there's an Nvidia program that will NOT uninstall.  

This is driving me CRAZY.

PLEASE HELP ME LOL.

FAQ & Answers

• andylbandylb Posts: 1,391Member Mainframe Wrangler
    edited November 10
    Sh1ftY42x said:
    Hey everyone!  I have an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop and I'm just curious if any of you are having issues installing updated drivers for the Nvidia gtx 1050?

Doesn't matter what I do, Geforce experience will not load it just fails when opening, if I try to uninstall it, it will, but now it won't load at all.  The drivers continuously fail and there's an Nvidia program that will NOT uninstall.  

This is driving me CRAZY.

PLEASE HELP ME LOL.

Geforce experience causes a lot of problems. Download the latest drivers manually from the link below and don't update drivers from Geforce experience anymore, instead check this link every month for updated drivers. First download and run DDU from the link below to do a clean uninstall of your current Nvidia drivers then install the updated drivers from the Nvidia link below
    Please click YES if I have answered your question
    Link for Nvidia driver  https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en
    Link for DDU  https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

• Daniel_MokhitliDaniel_Mokhitli Posts: 5Member New User
    Have you tried installing that software driver from Device Manager - Not running the software program?
  • Sh1ftY42xSh1ftY42x Posts: 4Member New User
    Yes. Even from device manager the driver fails to update
    Hey all again, my Nvidia PhysX System Software will not uninstall either..  this is driving me crazy lol

edited November 10
    @Sh1ftY42x ;
    Geforce experience causes a lot of problems. Download the latest drivers manually from the link below and don't update drivers from Geforce experience anymore, instead check this link every month for updated drivers. First download and run DDU from the link below to do a clean uninstall of your current Nvidia drivers then install the updated drivers from the Nvidia link below
    Please click YES if I have answered your question
    Link for Nvidia driver  https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en
    Link for DDU  https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

i thought i could add a bit more info on this, the currently installed driver is from Nvidia per my device manager, the driver date is 3/18/2019 and the version is 25.21.14.1972..  i cant even find where this driver comes from on the nvidia website.  I was able to use the DDU to get my system cleaned up, this did get rid of my unwanted nvidia physx software that would not uninstall.  However when i try to install the 441 driver it fails.
    Just enter all your GPU details her and download and install the driver it says, don't worry about what number it is