Acer 4745G Bluetooth doesn't work

sohraab
sohraab Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
 so my Acer4745G is not able to connect to any bluetooth device.I turn on Bluetooth, open it from taskbar, the "allow a device to connect" option is gray and disabled. how can I enable it? 

Answers

• Sjenest
    Sjenest Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Navigate to the Acer Download Web page (see Resources) to download and install a “Bluetooth” driver if it isn't included with your operating system. From the Acer Download Web page, select the "Acer Product Family," "Product Line" and "Product Model." From the "Operating System" drop-down menu, select your computer's operating system version. Select the "Driver" tab. The page shows available drivers. Select the "Bluetooth" driver, if available, for downloading. Follow the online directions for driver installation.
  • sohraab
    sohraab Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sjenest said:
    Navigate to the Acer Download Web page (see Resources) to download and install a “Bluetooth” driver if it isn't included with your operating system. From the Acer Download Web page, select the "Acer Product Family," "Product Line" and "Product Model." From the "Operating System" drop-down menu, select your computer's operating system version. Select the "Driver" tab. The page shows available drivers. Select the "Bluetooth" driver, if available, for downloading. Follow the online directions for driver installation.
    Thanks for reply. I've already downloaded the driver from acer page. yet I can not connect to any bluetooth device. I consider the problem is because of that grayed option "allow a device to connect". do you think maybe the driver in acer page is outdated? should i try to find it somewhere else?
  • Sjenest
    Sjenest Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    This is my opinion,if you need to download yes you can,but before that you can try system restore or system refresh.it might work
  • Roody
    Roody Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hi sohraab
    Try the below step and check

power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. 
    Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart​.
  • Roody
    Roody Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hi sohraab
    Try the below step and check

power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. 
    Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart​.