Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

windows 10 problem

I bought an Acer laptop that time windows 10, not an issue after 2 years, it is asking windows key license is expired. Please help me how I fix this issue?  

FAQ & Answers

• SjenestSjenest Posts: 7Member

Tinkerer

Disable services

If you’re frequently getting Your Windows license will expire soon error message, you might be able to fix it simply by disabling few services. To do that, follow these simple steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc. Press Enter or click OK.
      Your Windows license will expire soon keeps popping up
    2. When Services window opens, locate Windows License Manager Service and double click it to open its properties.
      Your Windows license will expire soon Dell
    3. When the Properties window opens, set the Startup type to Disabled. If the service is running, click the Stop button to
      stop it. Now click Apply and OK to save changes.
      Your Windows license will expire soon keeps popping up
    4. Locate Windows Update service and double click it to open its properties. Stop the service and set its Startup type to Disabled.
      Your Windows license will expire soon but windows is activated

After doing that, the problem should be resolved and you won’t see this error message any more. If you experience any problems after applying this solution, be sure to revert the changes and check if that helps.

Kindly click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped you!      
    Thank you and have a Blessed Day  3

• billseybillsey Posts: 7,079ACE Pathfinder
    Not a good idea to disable critical services like that! Much better to just finish the Microsoft validation process. Unless you have changed the motherboard and hard drive you received a valid license with the computer.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SumanBarathPSumanBarathP Posts: 2Member New User
    It's showing on the go to settings to activate windows, but the problem is I don't have a window key
  • billseybillsey Posts: 7,079ACE Pathfinder
    The key should be stored in the UEFI BIOS. Is there any chance a different version of Windows 10 has been installed on it, other than the original?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.