Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

G3-571 Extreme Overheating Up to 100c

HikoNuberHikoNuber Posts: 1Member New User
I got my Predator Helios 300 G3-571 about a year ago and it worked wonderfully for most of the year. In the past couple months I have been reaching some very hot temps without any usage. 

I would not consider myself even close to experienced in this field for I'm 16 and just getting into this stuff. 

While I am currently writing this, I have been writing a paper for school and I have reached temps of up to 97c. It will flatten at 70c for five minutes then spike to 90+ for a couple minutes. 

It's not that great to be in school with the fans at 5k rpm.

This is definitely not normal. I have not updated BIOS since I got it and recently I cleaned out the inside of the computer from dust. 

While gaming the temps are insane. Average of 97c up to 100c one time which the computer should shut off but I have no idea why it didn't. Might I add that the CPU is at 97c while the GPU is at a mere 50 to 60c and 40% usage. The CPU also is only around 50% usage. 

On top of all of this some keys on my keyboard are not working unless I press very hard. I have read up on this and I am going to see if it is a loose ribbon cable tonight. 

Please help with this overheating issue and if I can't fix it tonight the keyboard as well.

Thanks guys,
Niko