Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 Bios v1.16 slow ram

Options
2»

Answers

• Stance
    Stance Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options
    My sister just bought this laptop on black friday and it turns out that the memory issues is not an error during bios update. These laptops from Acer are not good, the memory doesnt run like its supposed to, let it be a warning if you read my thread.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    And what would be the error being presented? What model of notebook did your sister buy?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Stance
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Same as mine and the same issue with ram, it seems they all have this issue. No bios update does anything about it. I tried them all from the first one to the last 1.16..
    Also the notebook barely supports any m.2 ssd's?! It won't even accept a Samsung 860 Evo all I could find that it MIGHT support is from Crucial and some SK Hynix unbranded models that Acer uses themselves. Don't buy this laptop..
  • Stance
    Options
    I'm not gonna post more here. This laptop is a waste of time! Acer has cheaped out everywhere possible. Tons of normal m.2 ssds are whitelisted so the bios ignores them!! And the ram runs SLOW in asynch mode?? If you read my post the msg to you is: DON'T BUY THIS LAPTOP and if you did RMA it back and get another one, its junk and not worth your time. GL
  • Benman2785
    Benman2785 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    have the same problem - yet actually its a feature
    my gskill ram clocks itself when its needed - so my 2400CL16 is there when i game - but when i browse the web its 400-933MHz instead of 1200MHz
    you can test yourself: install MSI Afterburner with RTSS - the RAM will "boost" to its XMP when in game ;)

yet would be nice from Acer to be able to set it in the Bios ;)
    ps played a nice round of Overwatch on Battery with ~100FPS (130max - 100avg - 80 low) = only on 45W APU
  • P25ani
    P25ani Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Theres is nothing wrong with the laptop. Its actually a power saving feature. when you play a game it does hit 1200mhz when the cpu is stressed  . I have CPU Z running on my second montior.