Acer aspire e15 gpu mx150 artifacts while i was in game

Odehh93
Odehh93 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello guys i seriously need help...i have tried to do eveything with the software options i have to fix the artificats with the mx150 but nothing helped i even removed windows 10 home edition and installed it again .. the technicians told me its a hardware problem from the gpu..and they said reflow or reboiling(away to heat the gpu card) but they said these new laptops cant do reflow with them..so the only way is to chnage the chipset for the gpu and its costly :/

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    >>>the technicians told me its a hardware problem from the gpu..and they said reflow or reboiling(away to heat the gpu card) but they said these new laptops cant do reflow with them.>>>

You should get a second opinion from some other technicians. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Odehh93
    I live in dubai and tbh i dont think many technician know what they are talking about.. i tried sending my laptop to the best chinese guy here who fixes gpu faulty and he said new chipset as soon as he saw the motherboard ..anyways he tried reflow but no use ..same artifacts didnt chnage
  • JackE
    >>>anyways he tried reflow but no use ..same artifacts didnt change >>>

Yes, that likely means a chip failure. Did he reflow the whole mainboard? Or use a heat gun on a limited area?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Odehh93
    No he has a special machine only purpose is to do reflow..
  • JackE
    Sorry. Sounds like a chip failure. Replacement mainboards are likely available from Aliexpress but usually cost is high. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ