DIssappointed in Acer. - AN515-53

Samtronx001
Samtronx001 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Bought my laptop last year from the local BestBuy store, thought it was awesome at first. The issue is I needed dual boot and so to do that I disabled secure boot, to do that I set supervisor password.

Now even after entering the supervisor password correctly it says wrong password and asks me to enter unlock key. Called Acer and they said I need to pay them $100 for them to unlock that password, just ripoff company. Totally disappointed in Acer will never buy another Acer product again.

AN515-53

Best Answer

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Acer is not responsible for lost or forgotten personal passwords. When sending in a system for service, the password should be removed, as charges may be required for Acer to remove HDD passwords.

If you do remember your BIOS password, click on the link to follow the steps to remove the password.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Acer is not responsible for lost or forgotten personal passwords. When sending in a system for service, the password should be removed, as charges may be required for Acer to remove HDD passwords.

If you do remember your BIOS password, click on the link to follow the steps to remove the password.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.