Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How many and what types of internal drives can I connect - a715-72g-76ph + RAM

beegees85beegees85 Posts: 4Member New User
Hi guys! So I have 2 question:
1) How many and what types of internal drives can I connect to my Aspire a715-72g-76ph?
I already have SSD WD Green 240GB M.2 SATA3 and WD Blue 1 TB 2.5" SATA III (WD10SPZX). The latter one is accessible without the need of taking of the main cover. Right under a small screwed plastic square. Do I have any other slots?
2) Can I connect single 32 GB RAM module (if that's the right word) or should I get 2x 16 GB? Which RAM do you recommend?

Thanks! 

Best Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,436 Trailblazer
    edited November 6 Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    1. You have one HDD bay and a slot for M.2 SSD, apart from these two there are no more slots for storage.
    2.You need to get 2x16GB because the slots support maximum of 16GB, you can get any DDR4 SODIMM 2400/2666 MHz modules except any brand modules especially made for a particular brand of laptop.
    Example:https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-a715-72g
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    edited November 7 Accepted Answer
    You are welcome, yes 1TB will work as Crucial also advertise 1TB as compatible with  this model  :)
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    Accepted Answer
    beegees85 said:
    Do You know if this drive ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB SSD M.2 PCIe is compatible with mainboard on my laptop (A715-72G-76ph)?
    In theory it should work but I don't know anyone has installed successfully.

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,436ACE Trailblazer
    edited November 6 Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    1. You have one HDD bay and a slot for M.2 SSD, apart from these two there are no more slots for storage.
    2.You need to get 2x16GB because the slots support maximum of 16GB, you can get any DDR4 SODIMM 2400/2666 MHz modules except any brand modules especially made for a particular brand of laptop.
    Example:https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-a715-72g
  • beegees85beegees85 Posts: 4Member New User
    Thank you very much @brummyfan2. Do you know If my laptop capable of taking more then 500GB of storage M.2 SSD? I read here that some people used 1TB. Would that be somthing workable?
    Thanks in advance!
    edited November 7 Accepted Answer
    You are welcome, yes 1TB will work as Crucial also advertise 1TB as compatible with  this model  :)
    Do You know if this drive ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB SSD M.2 PCIe is compatible with mainboard on my laptop (A715-72G-76ph)?
    Accepted Answer
    beegees85 said:
    In theory it should work but I don't know anyone has installed successfully.
    So I have a NVMe socket in my M/B? Because right now my drive is SATA.