Acer Spin SP315-51-3684 No Bootable Device

Mugwortt
Mugwortt Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Been getting the acer logo and the spinning circle, got into BIOS and set up a windows ISO bootable flash drive, nothing seems to change, coming up as no bootable device now. Anyone have any suggestions? Laptop is undar a year old and Acer has said send it to them for repair but I would like to what I can first.

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Mugwortt said:
    Thanks Jack22, did what you suggested and it comes up with No Bootable Device after F10 to save and exit

Than i guess you need to contact Acer. There is chance that the hard dive might gone bad.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    @Mugwortt
    Try to go into BIOS and check whether the hard drive is detected , if yes than try the below step and check.
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. 
    Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart​.
    If the hard drive is not detected than you need to contact Acer and sent it in for repair.
    To contact Acer check the below link.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• Mugwortt
    Mugwortt Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Thanks Jack22, did what you suggested and it comes up with No Bootable Device after F10 to save and exit

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    Mugwortt said:

Than i guess you need to contact Acer. There is chance that the hard dive might gone bad.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Did you accidentally change your boot mode from UEFI to Legacy?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.