Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 - My CPU frequency Stays at 1.9 Ghz when gaming?

AnandSpark
AnandSpark Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Acer nitro 5 AN515-42
Ryzen 5 2500u
RX 560x
Whenever  my Cpu and Gpu is under  Full stress the Cpu goes upto only 1.9 Ghz.But when I put my put my cpu only under load it can reach 2.9 Ghz?My gaming performance decreases due to this issue. 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    You are probably gaming on your Vega 8 dedicated GPU, you need to game on the Rx560 x Discrete GPU. Also your CPU will not reach max performance unless you follow these steps but remember the CPU will never operate at max unless the game demands it.

Follow the steps below and please click YES if I have answered your question

Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:

Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.11.1  or higher and click express upgrade
    If you don't have the Adrenaline Control center go here and download it
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-1

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are in listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• AnandSpark
    AnandSpark Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    You are probably gaming on your Vega 8 dedicated GPU, you need to game on the Rx560 x Discrete GPU. Also your CPU will not reach max performance unless you follow these steps but remember the CPU will never operate at max unless the game demands it.

Follow the steps below and please click YES if I have answered your question

Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:

Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.11.1  or higher and click express upgrade
    If you don't have the Adrenaline Control center go here and download it
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-1

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are in listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

Yes I have Already tried all this. I am sure i use RX560x for gaming.The problem is that the CPU gets throttled down to 1.9 GHz whenever i use it with my Gpu when I Play games.I am sure that games demand it because in nitrosense the cpu usage is 100% and sometimes games even lag.
  • Jimster480
    Jimster480 Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    This is just the nature of any U series CPU unfortunately. The base clock is lower and therefore once boost runs out it sits at base clock.