Connect Veriton X4650G to the internet

PatrickNeylan
PatrickNeylan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I've finally set up my Veriton X4650G desktop PC but I can't connect it to the internet. It says "an ethernet cable is unplugged". Now the seller says it doesn't have integrated wifi. How is that still a thing, especially as this isn't a cheap computer?

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,441 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, this model comes with Ethernet connection only but you can ask Acer support centre to install a WiFi card and antenna or buy them and fix it yourself, for the time being you have to use Ethernet cable to connect to Internet.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AU/content/professional-model/DT.VPYSA.001
  • PatrickNeylan
    PatrickNeylan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Amazing. A "business grade" PC without wifi. After all, what businesses use the internet?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Uh, businesses usually have wired connections in the office and typically only use wireless for portable systems. Of course if they aren't worried about getting hacked through the WiFi I suppose they could always try and use wireless exclusively. :) The last customer I had who had hotspots around the building recently had me reconfigure to put all wireless on a DMZ network to allow vendors internet access without the possibility of having vendors or visitors getting into their local network.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.