Where can I get an advanced Acer user manual with diagrams? Acer Aspire 5, A515-43

2»

Answers

• ineuw
    ineuw Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    JackE said:
    Sure there is. m.2 SSDs are super cheap these days. Besides, if you installed the generic Win10 version using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, you probably won't get the  display options that were available on the  ACER-flavored factory version of Win10 for this machine.   Jack E/NJ
    :-D I am aiming for 1Gb. 128Gb is great as a boot drive but never store data on it, even if it is 70% empty. The windows 10 is generic installed directly from/by Microsoft (several times). The display control is from Radeon.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    You should at least try the ACER flavored AMD driver and utilties to see if you get more display flexibility. I assume you're aiming for 1TB, not 1GB SSD. Simply clone/migrate the 128GB to a  1TB or 2TB SSD. 1TB 2.5" SSDs are less than $100 now. 1 TB m.2s about $125. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ineuw
    ineuw Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    JackE said:
    You should at least try the ACER flavored AMD driver and utilties to see if you get more display flexibility. I assume you're aiming for 1TB, not 1GB SSD. Simply clone/migrate the 128GB to a  1TB or 2TB SSD. 1TB 2.5" SSDs are less than $100 now. 1 TB m.2s about $125. Jack E/NJ

Thanks again. Installed the latest update to the BIOS, which was required for the "Endless Linux OS new Boot Path". Then the VGA packages on which I pinned my hopes, but they have no effect other than freezing the resolution at 1920p x 1080p. So, I gave up and I increased the display % gradually and settled on 143%. Afterwards I applied the rest of relevant updates.