Acer Chromebook CB3-532-N15Q9 - White screen tried everything

Kattry7
Kattry7 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2019 in Chromebooks
I have a Acer Chromebook 15 cb3 - 532. Model N15Q9. Snid *****. When I opened my laptop the white screen came up with the logo. And it load or do anything. I have tried already to press and hold
 the refresh button and the power button for 30 seconds tried again for 5 seconds tried again for 10 seconds nothing happens. I have done control shift refresh nothing happens. I have disconnected the battery and reconnected it charged it. Turns on with the white screen and logo. And thats it. Please help

Edited By,
Acer Harvey. (As personal information provided) 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Kattry7 said:
    I have a Acer Chromebook 15 cb3 - 532. Model N15Q9. Snid *****. When I opened my laptop the white screen came up with the logo. And it load or do anything. I have tried already to press and hold
     the refresh button and the power button for 30 seconds tried again for 5 seconds tried again for 10 seconds nothing happens. I have done control shift refresh nothing happens. I have disconnected the battery and reconnected it charged it. Turns on with the white screen and logo. And thats it. Please help

Edited By,
    Acer Harvey. (As personal information provided) 
    Have you tried connecting your device with any external monitor using HDMI. If not please try it and check if you get the display on external screen.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Kattry7
    I will try that.
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Kattry7 said:
    I will try that.
    Yes, once tested share the result here...
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Kattry7
    Hello. 
    I did not try the HDMI cord. It seems when I did the last update it caused a miss.. It was like it didnt know it wss a computer. Made a backup usb from another Google chromebook and put it in mine and it seema to be working ok. Thank you
  • LGOAKLEY70
    LGOAKLEY70 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Daughter's chromebook is white with horizontal collred lines. Have to hold screen and hinges certain way to login and then it freezes. What needs to be done? Background shows normal when plgged up to monitor with HDMI cable.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Likely the cable that runs between the motherboard and display is having issues. If you are in warranty, contact Acer support, if out of warranty let us know the full model number (Similar to the CB3-532-N15Q this thread addresses) and we can look up part numbers.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.