I need a 16gb ram for my Acer Aspire A315 53G 599B

Mx130Gamer
Mx130Gamer Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Sir/Ma'am I'm going to upgrade my ram in my  Acer aspire A315-53G-599B from 4gb ram to 20 gb ram. To do that I need to insert another 16gb ram ddr4, can you suggest any specific brand and model of 16gb ram to buy, for me to upgrade my ram into 20 gb ram? 

Best Answers

Answers

• Darkwind
    Darkwind Member Posts: 21 Networker
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    You need to know the clock speed of the 4GB DDR4 RAM you have using CPU-Z & match it with your new RAM
    Like this
    You can see from the Image that I have a Transcend 8GB DDR4 2400 Mhz RAM
    This means that I need any brand that's a DDR4 2400 Mhz RAM
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You need DDR4 2400MHz module, go for a cheaper and simple RAM like Crucial, Kingston value RAM, Hynix or Samsung.
    https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/aspire-3-a315-53g/CT13146991
  • Mx130Gamer
    Darkwind said:
    You need to know the clock speed of the 4GB DDR4 RAM you have using CPU-Z & match it with your new RAMDarkwind said:
    You need to know the clock speed of the 4GB DDR4 RAM you have using CPU-Z & match it with your new RAM
    Like this

Like this
    Is It suppose to be 1200mhz? Or did you just nevermind the number in the parentheses "(1200mhz)"
  • Mx130Gamer
    Hi,
    You need DDR4 2400MHz module, go for a cheaper and simple RAM like Crucial, Kingston value RAM, Hynix or Samsung.
    Sir is that a 16gb ram for Acer A315 53G 599B?
  • Darkwind
    Darkwind said:
    You need to know the clock speed of the 4GB DDR4 RAM you have using CPU-Z & match it with your new RAMDarkwind said:
    Like this

Like this
    Is It suppose to be 1200mhz? Or did you just nevermind the number in the parentheses "(1200mhz)"
    Yes since DDR means Double Data Rate
    if you have a 2400 Mhz DDR4 RAM then it would read as (1200Mhz)
    if you have a 2133 Mhz DDR4 RAM it would read as (1066.5Mhz)
  • Mx130Gamer
    Hi,

• Darkwind
    edited November 2019

Also I forgot to tell you that it also depends on the ranks if your existing RAM(probably a 4GB Adata) is single or dual.
    Those Corsair Vengeance RAM have ranks as dual and are more expensive than most other brands
    Tbh 2x8GB  Corsair Vengeance is a better setup than putting a 4GB+16GB =20GB but it would be wasted and limited by your Aspire 3
  • Mx130Gamer
    Darkwind said:
    Like this
    Darkwind said:
    Like this
    I can't see my spd data sir. Neither slot 1 nor slot 2
  • Darkwind said:
    Like this
    Darkwind said:
    Like this
    Hi,
    That's because you have a on-board memory, go to Task Manager, move to Performance tab and click memory in the left pane.

• Darkwind
    edited November 2019
    Darkwind said:
    Like this
    Darkwind said:
    Like this
    Did you use CPU-Z? This is from CPU-Z app. Also was it run from Admin?. It can tell the brand, bandwith & ranks while Task Manager can tell you at what speed your RAM is being used. For example, you have 4GB DDR4 2600 MHz RAM & task manager says Speed: 2400 MHz. This means that the maximum speed supported by your motherboard is only 2400MHz so that RAM speed isn't gonna be fully utilized and will only run at 2400 instead of 2600 MHz. 
    Or if you have 8GB DDR4 2400 MHZ then task manager says "Speed: 2400 MHz". This means that your RAM speed is within the maximum speed supported by your motherboard.
  • Darkwind
    As brummyfan2 said It seems that your 4GB RAM is an onboard memory. Just match the speed which is 2400 MHz and chose any 16GB DDR4 19200. Also I suggest buying in your known local computer parts shop or your nearest Acer Service Center if this is still under warranty. 
  • Mx130Gamer
    Darkwind said:

Also I forgot to tell you that it also depends on the ranks if your existing RAM(probably a 4GB Adata) is single or dual.
    Those Corsair Vengeance RAM have ranks as dual and are more expensive than most other brands
    Tbh 2x8GB  Corsair Vengeance is a better setup than putting a 4GB+16GB =20GB but it would be wasted and limited by your Aspire 3
    Is the corsair that I've been post is enough?

• Mx130Gamer
    Hi,

Is this enough?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    Darkwind said:

Is the corsair that I've been post is enough?

This will be fine and cheaper but it's your choice, so decide according to your liking, remember that you need only a single module of 16GB and not 2x8GB.
    https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/crucial-16gb-single-ddr4-2400-mts-pc4-19200-dr-x8-sodimm-260-pin-memory-ct16g4sfd824a-i299498878-s516952454.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlistbrand.list.30.325235b53dR6Xt&search=1
  • Mx130Gamer
    Darkwind said:
    Like this
    Darkwind said:
    Like this
    Hi,
    That's because you have a on-board memory, go to Task Manager, move to Performance tab and click memory in the left pane.

Thanks 
  • Mx130Gamer
    Darkwind said:
    Like this
    Darkwind said:
    Like this
    Hi,

Thanks 
  • Mx130Gamer
    Darkwind said:
    Like this
    Darkwind said:
    Like this
    Hi,

Thanks 
  • dexterleonard
    dexterleonard Member Posts: 3 New User
    Darkwind said:
    Like this
    Hi Sir/Ma'am, I just want to ask if the RAM with 2666MHz is compatible with 2400MHz.