BIOS menu not accessible on Nitro AN515-54

ksuosno
ksuosno Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
I Cann't access bios settings anymore after trying to install linux system to my machine as dual boot.
Before install I had changed some bios settings: disabled fast boot, disabled secure boot, changed SATA Mode to 'AHCI', enabled F12 Boot Menu
After installation grub wasn't displayed but it tried to load windows and repair automatically something. I had to reinstall windows and I'm now able to boot into windows.
Just now I can't access bios menu. Pressing F2, my screen is displaying just a blinking cursor but it doesnt proceed to menu screen. I'm able to access Boot menu, but it doesnt recognize usb-devices.
Bios version: 1.05
Any suggestions?, Thanks

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried resetting the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried resetting the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ksuosno
    ksuosno Member Posts: 2 New User
    Did it after your reply. It solved the problem, thanks. My laptop rebooted many times and so on but boots now into windows and I can access BIOS setttings.
  • You are welcome my friend 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer