How to manually control system fans on Aspire V Nitro VN7-793G-75RX

poddex
poddex Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone. Need a help, please.
My laptop Acer Aspire V17 Nitro (793G) is very noisy even when idle (0-4% CPU load). When I started any application, laptop rises the fan speed even if I run app or make a CPU load only for 1-3 seconds. How can I manually control speed fans? I find no software for fan control at the offical site, but this noise is awful. 
Thanks for a help.

Answers

• Does this model have Nitrosense?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • poddex
    I think no, because I can't find it on Acer Support Page. There is only Quick Access app available, but it can't control fan speed.
  • Whats is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. What is the versión bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • poddex
    Laptop's fan control system is very sensitive for all types of CPU loads, even for a little loads. It's abnormal.
  • Whats is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. What is the versión bios?
    ?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• poddex
    Sorry, I don't renew forum page in time and didn't see your question about bios.
    It has UEFI bios, how can I recognize that?
    On the laptop box I see this label:VN7-793G-75RX.
    System BD/BIOS AA/V1.04.
    I didn't update bios all the time having this laptop.
  • This model does not have an application to control the fans. However, what controls the fans speed x temperature is the bios. Have you tried updating the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• poddex
    And why this model doesn't have an application? It's a question to Acer!!! Predator has, old Nitro models has, but new models - doesn't have. In a stock BIOS I didn't find any cooling-related options. Of course, I will update bios, but I don't think that cooling options appears after update :(
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• poddex
    edited November 2019
    Just for now I installed the latest 1.11 AA BIOS from Acer official support page. As expected, nothing of cooling-related options was detected in a new BIOS. I will try PredatorSense as you suggest.
  • poddex
    I see a temperature that is much above that CPU Core temp. SpeedFan see it as ACPI (Temp2) - what is that? What is the part of NB that has so great temp?
  • poddex
    edited November 2019
    When I try to install a PredatorSense from your link, it says that my computer is not supported and Setup even doesn't start.
    Hey, Acer, you are number one for quality and support =), maybe anyone can help me and make an app like NitroSense for V17 Nitro? I know, that it's rhetorical question, but maybe....
  • poddex
    I tried NitroSense for other models, older PredatorSense versions, tried renaming NB-folder in plugs - NOTHING! Conclusion: there is no app for V17 Nitro. 
    Acer is a good value for money but sometimes I regret that I didn't buy MSI Gaming :(
  • Hello! You can download this predator sense program unlocked,  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iLRSJ5cqrwvRW9eZmEInHYURTliN0gpH

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• poddex
    edited November 2019
    Thanks. It installs successfuly, but this version doesn't see fan speeds and can't manipulate them. I see only 0 RPM on both fans.
    I wonder why Acer didn't make an official app for hardware maintenance and management in V17 Nitro series. Only limited QuickAccess is available.
  • This is because the bios or motherboard of this model is not compatible with nitro sense. I don't know why there isn't an app that controls the fans of this model. However, there are other apps that can control fans, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• poddex
    I used SpeedFan for many years. Trick with SpeedFan doesn't work for me, SpeedFans must know fan contollers of motherboard, but he doesn't and also SpeedFan doesn't see even speed fans of V17 Nitro. 

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• poddex
    Thanks for trying to help me, but Afterburner doesn't see V17 Nitro's fans.
  • Maybe colleagues @Red-Sand and @xapim can help you.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer