Where are my photos? Chromebook 15 Series CB3-532

Lauren66
Lauren66 Member Posts: 45 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just moved some photos from my phone to a new folder so I can use them on Craigslist, but I have no idea where they disappeared to. There was a pop-up window in the beginning asking if I wanted them on Drive. I don't, so I closed it. They aren't there or anywhere else in my Files.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It was syncing with Drive, though likely it only had to verify there hadn't been changes.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Lauren66
    I took more photos, let it put them on Drive (because why should I get to choose where they go), and got them into my Craigslist ad. I still have no idea where the first ones are that I put into a folder.

I'd still like to know why I have to put these on Drive in order to be able to access them. Why can't they just go into a folder in my Files? I'm just going to delete them when I don't need them any more. 
  • Lauren66
    And what the heck is it syncing them with/for? I went back to my Files and it's doing something with them, even though I have no other device connected to this computer.
  • Lauren66
    Don't even bother responding to my posts. I'd delete them if I could.
  • billsey
    Using your Files app the pictures you've taken should be in the Images folder.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Lauren66
    Once I re-took the photos and let them be put on Drive, yes, they showed up in Files, but not under Images. The only thing that shows up there is the picture I use as wallpaper. The pictures for craigslist show up under Recent, along with a bunch of documents from Google Docs. I still haven't found the folder I created in the first place for the craigslist photos. 

Do you have any idea what it would have been syncing yesterday? Or WHY it was syncing something? I don't have another device for it to sync with, and the photos were already in Drive. I didn't let it finish, and the computer still works, and I still have the second set of photos, so what was it doing?! Thanks, billsey.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    It was syncing with Drive, though likely it only had to verify there hadn't been changes.
  • Lauren66
    Thanks, billsey. I'm going to figure this OS out eventually!