Reverse Polarity - Laptop not turning on swift 3,SF315-41c

Prasanna
Prasanna Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I own an Acer swift 3,SF315-41.Recently there was some issue with charger pin and laptop was not charging,I've opened up the pin,removed all soldered parts,re-soldered wires back,but unfortunately reversed the polarity.When I first plugged this modified pin,the laptop turned off,but turned on when I removed the pin.After realizing havemy mistake,I have adjusted the polarities and plugged the pin back in the laptop gave an indication of charging.I left it for some time and when I turned it on again,it did turn on and was about to finish the boot up,when it turned off.Now it doesn't turn on again whatever I do.I did some research online majority of them say I might have blew up something on the motherboard.But I am hoping there is some chance that's not the case and its just some protection circuit outside motherboard.I need some suggestion on what my next move should be and some explaination on what could have happened.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>Gave it at service center,>>>

Yes, that is the best way to determine if the mainboard has been damaged or not. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Unplug the charger. Gently insert a paperclip in to battery reset pinhole on the bottom casee for about 10 seconds. Then let machine rest for 15 mins. Then plug the charger back in. Then try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Prasanna
    Prasanna Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Thanks for the reply.I did try it,that was my first attempt to revive it, but to no avail. Gave it at service center, they say they have to check the system thoroughly to say anything as to what happened
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>Gave it at service center,>>>

Yes, that is the best way to determine if the mainboard has been damaged or not. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ