Camera Gone White- Acer Predator 15 G9-592

kamiqash
kamiqash Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

A few days ago, my camera was working fine, then suddenly it went all white as shown in the picture. The brightness is not high, the drivers are updated, the led turns on to show that the camera is on. I checked using webcamtest.com and it detects the camera. How do I fix it, what do I do. Thanx.

Answers

• kamiqash
    Hello,

The specifications of my laptop are Acer Predator 15 G9-592. OS win 10 Home, 64 bit. 
    Does this above problem look like a hardware problem or software?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Look for an automatic restore point with a date stamp that coincides when the camera went white. If you don't find a restore point, the open DeviceManager. Click on 'imaging devices' folder. Right click on camera driver. Uninstall driver. Exit without installing anything. Then shutdown Windows. Then turn the machine back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kamiqash
    Hello,

I didn't find the restore point, but tried your other solution. The camera is still white. any other suggestions please.
    Thank you. 
  • JackE
    It's likely a hardware issue. My best guess is the LCD video cam cable needs to be replaced from wear & tear of opening and  closing the lid too much. Google "g9-592" "video cable" for vendors. Price about $25 USD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kamiqash
    Oh thanks, I was going to buy the camera :O. "Video Cable" seems like a much logical choice. 
  • JackE
    Good luck with it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ