How can i update drivers on my CPU on Helios 300 2017?

HwangYeji
HwangYeji Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I nstalled premiere pro on this laptop since yesterday, the application told me that im running the old driver for this cpu, and i look at the intel website theres ton of version but i cant install it, is it incompatible or the acer is blocking it? idk why please tell me whats up thanks community! can you tell me guys what version are u guys running? thankssu tell me guys

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi HwangYeji
    You could download and install Acer Care centre, it has driver update utility.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/software-acer-care-center or 
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47731/~/predator-helios-300-video-card-driver-update

While you should keep an eye on any security updates that pop up, different driver versions can introduce stability problems, so if your hardware is working as expected, you're better off not updating, since you never know when it might cause problems. 
    You'll rarely get big speed or feature boosts from a driver update, so unless you see in the release notes that there's something big, you're usually okay to just ignore it.
    Unlike other drivers, video drivers are updated often and usually with big performance increases, especially in new games.So, when you see that your video card has a new driver available, see what improvements the driver offers—if it offers system-wide performance improvements or improvements in a game you're currently playing, you'll definitely want to update. If it doesn't, stick with the current driver.
    The driver packages Windows automatically installs are different from the ones your device manufacturers provide. The core drivers are created by your device manufacturer and provided by Microsoft after they go through Microsoft’s Windows Hardware Quality Labs testing to ensure they’re stable.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Update your driver through Device Manager by selecting "Search for Updates automatically" while connected to internet. It will install 2019's driver and check if your program works with it or not.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • AboOmarJeddin
    AboOmarJeddin Member Posts: 74 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I recommend downloading your drivers directly from www.acer.com
    If you download from Intel directly, it may not be optimized for your laptop because i think Acer modifies Intel driver and make them their own. 
    May I have your laptops product number? 
    May I also have the complete spec?
    I need them so i can further support you and provide you with updated drivers