Unable to install windows after erasing drive - Spin SP513

Dog107
Dog107 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I used Diskpart to clean my Lite-on SSD, then used kill Disk through a bootable USB to erase the drive. It said it was successful.  Now when I boot the laptop with the USB stick which I used the Media Creation tool to make, the Acer logo appears and I just keep having the white dots spinning. Then the spinning dots disappear and only the Acer logo is showing, then the spinning white dots reappear.  The install won't advance any further.  Any suggestions?  Thank you Greg

Answers

• Dog107

Tinkerer

After 2 hours the install window finally displayed. I then selected advanced and finally installing, but is painfully slow.  After it is installed is there some diagnostics I can preform to check the drive, bios, etc.
  • why you used the killdisk tool on an ssd. I don't find it interesting to delete ssd often. have you checked ssd's health with crystaldisinfo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dog107

Tinkerer

I used disk kill due to my giving the laptop to my daughter.  Windows now installed an appears to be working fine. Now the only problem,  battery shows charged at 86%, but when I remove the charging plug the laptop shuts off.
  • Have you tried uninstalling the ac adapter driver and battery in device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dog107

Tinkerer

I was able to finally resolve the issue.  I just booted it with out the ac adapter plugged in and it resolved it self.  Thank you 
  • You are welcome

egydiocoelho Trailblazer