Dvd rw is not working correctly - Acer e-15 575g-72ft

Options
Thisarajayanath
Thisarajayanath Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have acer e-15 575g-72ft laptop. So i updated to windows 10pro . After that my dvd rw is not reading correctly.please help me.😥

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi Thisarajayanath,

Try to reinstall the dvd drivers again from device manager. 
    >> Type as device manager in search. 
    >> Expand the DVD/CD-ROM 
    >> Right Click the driver and uninstall the driver.
    >> Restart the computer and it will be automatically reinstalled. 

If the above step is not working then try to download the drivers from acer site and install them. 
    Check the link below and enter the sn/snid. get the drivers and install them. 
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does it not read anything, or just fails with specific disc types?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • follicles
    follicles Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Usually, if you upgrade the Windows operating system, the DVD drive not reading disc error may appear. Specifically, you cannot see the DVD drive in File Explorer, or the device is marked with a yellow exclamation point in Device Manager. More often than not, there mainly exists three potential causes. 1. A damaged or incompatible disc. 2. DVD drive corrupts. 3. Outdated firmware. Not sure which one fits yours. But I suggest you to try to enable autoplay.  AutoPlay helps start disc when loaded. Movie content will not be displayed in DVD player when inserting a disc if the feature is disabled. Now, follow the step to turn on AutoPlay in Windows.

Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > AutoPlay > check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices > Save. If that's not helpful, go to this page to know more.