Is this actually normal acer nitro 5 (AN515-52, i5-8300H, 8gb ram, gtx1050)

Dubatt0
Dubatt0 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, i own an acer nitro 5 (AN515-52, i5-8300H, 8gb ram, gtx1050) And after a couple of months of owning it, it started running extremely hot, at the time of writing this, i am closing in on 1 year of ownership and i still have this issue, while i have no programs running (maybe discord and my browser) the cpu and gpu will reach upwards to 80 or even 90 degrees C, today i changed the thermal paste to thermal grizzly kryonaut, and the issue persists, i have it on power saver mode too, which should limit cpu usage to save power which would also lower the temps, but it doesnt seem to do that, i am really concerned about this because these temps should not be normal "idling" temps, i have my laptop on a cooling stand with 3 fans and a small gap between it (the stand) and the surface its on. bellow is a screenshot of the temps that i am getting while i have my browser and discord running.

Best Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    That does not look good, you could try undervolting but because you are so near the end of your warranty that I would have Acer look at it in case it's something major
    Please click YES if I have answered your question 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Dubatt0
    Answer ✓
    Ok, so, problem has been solved, turns out i had some nasty software in this laptop without knowing  (some spyware and stuff) ran 2 scans, 1 with mbam and 1 with kaspersky, and well, now they are gone for good, i also deleted some of the games i dont play which freed up 100gb on my hdd, the moment i removed the malware my laptop started running atleast 40 degrees cooler, which is good, very good. so yea, this issue was 100% my fault

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    That does not look good, you could try undervolting but because you are so near the end of your warranty that I would have Acer look at it in case it's something major
    Please click YES if I have answered your question 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Dubatt0
    Answer ✓
    Ok, so, problem has been solved, turns out i had some nasty software in this laptop without knowing  (some spyware and stuff) ran 2 scans, 1 with mbam and 1 with kaspersky, and well, now they are gone for good, i also deleted some of the games i dont play which freed up 100gb on my hdd, the moment i removed the malware my laptop started running atleast 40 degrees cooler, which is good, very good. so yea, this issue was 100% my fault