Swapping the motherboard ( AN515-52-56DJ )

Ruhi
Ruhi Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I need a professional advice on my issue, sorry if its going to be long.

one day my AN515-52-56DJ with LA-F991P just died and never turned back on, nobody could fix it and the warranty was void, so my best option was to swap the motherboard.
I ordered a AN515-53-52FA with LA-F951P from ebay, and since i didnt pay attention to the model numbers of motherboards, now the new motherboard is not fitting:

1)fan + heatsink unit has different screw positions, that does not fit the new motherboard with LAF951P. 
2)power dc jack with its cable cannot be inserted to its position, because "it has 6 pins, and on motherboard it should be 8 pins". (note: the power dc jack with its cable has been replaced by someone). 

It seems like I have 2 solutions, i need your help decide which one is the most convenient: 

1) replace the new motherboard with the appropriate motherboard that fits with the fan and the power jack cable, which can be expensive, because i bought this unit somewhat cheaper, and i didnt really find any an515-52s.
2) get fitting and appropriate fans and power jack cable that fits the new motherboard; with this option i need full details about the specific model of the fan and the dc cable that fits the new motherboard. Can i replace the power jack cable with any power jack cable on the market, or should it be specific for AN515?

Please help me to fix this! It has been a year full of frustration, i just paid a lot of money for the motherboard just to save me all these frustrations to only come to this 😔.
Thank you. 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Personally if the MOB is dead I would have bought a new laptop instead of messing around with a new MOB and all the problems both hardware and software that will surely come

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Ruhi

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Personally if the MOB is dead I would have bought a new laptop instead of messing around with a new MOB and all the problems both hardware and software that will surely come
    I thought I could save money than just throwing a brand new laptop away. Bought the MOB for 300USD, and i wanted to cut my losses. 
  • andylb
    In that case my friend buy the correct MOB, you are already facing problems 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Ruhi

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    In that case my friend buy the correct MOB, you are already facing problems 
    Thanks for the chat, i need professional comments addressing the issue please. 
  • andylb
    Ok good luck

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    It will be far easier to replace the MB with the correct one than to figure out how to fit and mount the wrong one in. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • andylb
    edited November 2019
    billsey said:
    It will be far easier to replace the MB with the correct one than to figure out how to fit and mount the wrong one in. :(

My thoughts exactly. It is never advisable to try and use a MOB in a laptop that isn't designed for it, totally different than a PC. He already has encountered hardware issues with the fan, heatsinks and cable and that's before the inevitable software problems associated with an incorrect MOB

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★