Unable to Reinstall Windows 10 -SPIN SP513

Dog107
Dog107 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My Spin SP513 has a liteon M.2 256GB SSD. No matter what I try to do it will not accept my reinstalling windows 10 from a USB Stick.  Here is what I have tried:
First I tried to install on Partition 4 (Primary).  Won't install and received Windows could not format a partition on Disk 0.  The error occurred while preparing the partition, error code 0x80070057.

Second time I tried deleting all the partitions and it says couldn't delete selected partitions with error code 0x800701b1.

Third time I used the command prompt with diskpart, used list disk which shows Disk O, Online, 238GB, Free 0.  I then select disk 0 and typed clean.  It says Diskpart has encountered an error:  a device which does not exist was specified.

Fourth time I was able to go back in delete all the partitions and selected new, size 244198 and apply.  It then setup new partitions and I select next.  It again says the same thing as in the first try.

Any suggestions, help

Thank you, Greg

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    Are you trying to install the Microsoft generic or ACER specific Win10 version? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    @JackE and @Dog107

On some Acer Spin SP-513, it's not really a 256 GB SSD.  It's two 128 GB SSDs setup in RAID.  I'm not sure if this is your setup (or your problem), but you can check in BIOS settings under SATA Mode.  That's all I know.  Good luck.  Carry on.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Touch-Windows-Convertible-SP513-51-55ZR/dp/B01M18YU9I#customerReviews
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Dog107

Tinkerer

I am trying to install a generic Windows 10 version.  I've installed about a year ago with the generic Windows 10 and it installed with no problems.  
  • JackE
    Thanks for the warning JordanB  :)

Dog107 Have you tried to set and save a BIOS supervisor password? Then re-entered the BIOS with the password to turnoff secure boot, set the F12 boot option, etc? Then tried again? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dog107

Tinkerer

I was able to finally get it to install.  I made a new creator media tool and made sure I unchecked the box to use setting from another computer.  Thank you for responding to my posts and helping out
  • JackE
    >>>>I unchecked the box to use setting from another computer.>>>

Congrats. Thanks for reporting the fix. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Dog107 said:
    I was able to finally get it to install.  I made a new creator media tool and made sure I unchecked the box to use setting from another computer.  Thank you for responding to my posts and helping out
    I'll post a a screenshot and a link in case anyone that reads your post on this forum is unsure what "box" you're talking about.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support

I'm not an Acer employee.