I am using AN515-42

vikasrathi107
vikasrathi107 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am using AN515-42 LAPTOP
It is having 2500u  APU and rx560x 4gb dedicated garphics card with 8gb dd4 ram 2400mhz.
I am playing pubg emulator on it but it lags at very low setting and gives 30 to 35 fps and at wors gives 17 to 25 fps while landing at hotdrops.
I am thinking for upgrade 8gb more ram and 240gb m.2 SSD will it heps to fix the laggy performance.
Plz guid me through

Best Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon vikasrathi107 !

The issue of emulators is a major cause of rros and slowness in notebooks.

RAm boost is always a good choice for overall performance as well as SSD.
    However SSD does not generate any gain of FPS.

I suggest you check the following:

550/5000
    1- all drivers and windows must be properly updated
    2- the device must be set to use the high performance power plan of Windows
    3- the battery must be charged 100% before playing
    4- Battery should be set to advanced power options for maximum performance.
    5- Game applications must be set in dedicated GPU Painel (AMD or Nvida if you have one) to be the main
    6- The appliance must be connected directly to a properly grounded power outlet without any power adapter.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    @vikasrathi107 Please click YES if this helps to answer your question, thank you
    Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:
    Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.9.2  or higher and click express upgrade

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are in listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon vikasrathi107 !

The issue of emulators is a major cause of rros and slowness in notebooks.

RAm boost is always a good choice for overall performance as well as SSD.
    However SSD does not generate any gain of FPS.

I suggest you check the following:

550/5000
    1- all drivers and windows must be properly updated
    2- the device must be set to use the high performance power plan of Windows
    3- the battery must be charged 100% before playing
    4- Battery should be set to advanced power options for maximum performance.
    5- Game applications must be set in dedicated GPU Painel (AMD or Nvida if you have one) to be the main
    6- The appliance must be connected directly to a properly grounded power outlet without any power adapter.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• andylb
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    @vikasrathi107 Please click YES if this helps to answer your question, thank you
    Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:
    Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.9.2  or higher and click express upgrade

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are in listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    edited October 2019
    @vikasrathi107 Also I would update your RAM to 16gb, don't worry too much about the SSD, SSD's don't really speed up game performance just load time.
    The link below is Crucial and it is a guaranteed match for your exact model, get this matching 8gb stick and you will be operating in Dual Channel, don't get a 266mhz because it will downclock to your existing 2400mhz I write down the part number and order from Amazon, it's cheaper and faster delivery
    https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/nitro-5-an515-42/CT12664606

Again please click YES if I have answered your question, have fun gaming 16gb RAM is awsome

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★