Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Turn off keyboard backlight on cp315-1h-p75z

moonburstermoonburster Posts: 10Member

Tinkerer

I have the acer chromebook 15 cp315-1h-p75z and I cannot adjust or turn off my backlight. The only moment it turns off is when I shut off the chromebook completely. It also seeps a ton of battery when it is in standby modus because it stays on.

FAQ & Answers

• Du_littleDu_little Posts: 298Ally
    [email protected]moonburster ,
    you can try the combination of following keys for

* Dim keyboard (for backlit keyboards only)Alt + Decrease brightness
    * Make keyboard brighter (for backlit keyboards only)Alt + Increase brightness
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• moonburstermoonburster Posts: 10Member

Tinkerer

Du_little said:
    [email protected]moonburster ,
    you can try the combination of following keys for

* Dim keyboard (for backlit keyboards only)Alt + Decrease brightness
    * Make keyboard brighter (for backlit keyboards only)Alt + Increase brightness
    I tried this already. It shows the brightness bar for my keys, but doesn't change the brightness at all
  • Have you tried to update the drivers?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Tinkerer

Have you tried to update the drivers?
    It is a Chromebook so updating drivers is not something that is possible
  • JackEJackE Posts: 17,740ACE Trailblazer
    If you have done so already, try a factory reset at sign-in with Alt+Ctrl+Shift+R Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    If you have done so already, try a factory reset at sign-in with Alt+Ctrl+Shift+R Jack E/NJ
    Is this a powerwash? If so, I have done this yesterday because of the android no internet bug
    >>>I cannot adjust or turn off my backlight.>>>

Have you ever been able to control the backlight?

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>I cannot adjust or turn off my backlight.>>>

Have you ever been able to control the backlight?
    No I was never able too. I just got this one
    What happens when you press and hold the lower screen brightness key till screen is at min brightness? Then while still holding the lower screen brightness key, press and hold the left ALT key?  Then the right ALT key? Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    What happens when you press and hold the lower screen brightness key till screen is at min brightness? Then while still holding the lower screen brightness key, press and hold the left ALT key?  Then the right ALT key? Jack E/NJ

Nothing. It doesn't black out the screen or change the lightning from my keyboard
    So it seems neither the screen dimmer nor brighter keys  work either. What about the rest of the top row keys? Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    So it seems neither the screen dimmer nor brighter keys  work either. What about the rest of the top row keys? Jack E/NJ
    Sorry I meant in the button combination. If I use the brightness keys for just dimming the screen it works and if I use the combination for dimming the keyboard it also shows the slider for this. The problem is that the keyboard doesn't respond to my inputs and stays lit the same way. 

I'll try to state my problem as clear as possible: The backlight of my keyboard doesn't respond to the brightness keycombo. The slider for changing the brightness of the keyboard does show and it is possible to interact with it.
    Do both ALT keys with the dimmer/brighter keys show the same slider behavior but still no KB light response? Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Do both ALT keys with the dimmer/brighter keys show the same slider behavior but still no KB light response? Jack E/NJ
    No the right one doesn't show the slider t all
    JackE>>>If you have done so already, try a factory reset at sign-in with Alt+Ctrl+Shift+R. >>>
    moonburster>>>Is this a powerwash? If so, I have done this yesterday because of the android no internet bug>>>

Do the powerwash again via Alt+Ctrl+Shift+R at sign-in this time around. If it still fails to resolve the KB lite issue, then do it one more time for good measure. If still no joy, then I'd hafta guess that you likely got yourself a lemon right there. Is it still under warranty? Jack E/NJ