E5-576G-5762 charger size

Random1
Random1 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hoping someone can give me some concrete information here. I had a customer lose their charger to the aforementioned laptop, and I discovered that the "traditional" Acer charger does not work for it.  It has the same 5.5mm outside diameter so it fits physically, but a larger inner diameter which prevents charging as this model has a smaller inner spine. My searches have frustrated me because I'm not certain of the true inner diameter, and a lot of cords that claim to fit this model also claim to fit models which I'm fairly sure use the older style charger.  Attached is a picture, the one on the left is the "traditional" size while the right is the laptop in question.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,274 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    The tip dimensions (mm) of the original AC adapter are 1.7X5.5X11.
    France
  • Random1
    Thank you for the information, I have ordered some.  Out of curiosity, what's the diameter on the older style?
  • laurent_14
    Hello,
    You're welcome. What do you mean by the older style? Is it the same series than E5-576G?
    France
  • Random1
    Nearly every Acer laptop from like 2006-2014 used the same adapter, also 5.5mm on the outside and shown in my picture on the left.  It has a larger inner diameter and I'm wondering what that is.  I've been stocking those cords forever but now I need to know the distinction for purchasing.
  • laurent_14
    What was the model showed on the left on your picture?
    France
  • Random1
    It's an E1-572-3483
  • laurent_14
    Did you use an AC adapter of 65W with Aspire E5-576G? I checked the AC adapter of E1-572 and I found the same tip dimensions but it is 40W.
    France
  • Random1
    They are clearly different dimensions, hence my original post.  The same cord with the larger inside will fit both but not power the E5, but the smaller inside (which I've ordered but don't have yet) would not fit in the E1.
  • laurent_14
    edited October 2019
    Very strange. I have asked the question to an Acer technician. I'm waiting an answer...
    France
  • Random1
    Ok I have to backpedal a bit... the E1 does fit a 1.7, I got lucky enough for someone to bring one in today.  There still is a larger cord though, I have to see if I have any examples right now.