Worried about my recent RAM capacity upgrade - acer aspire 3(A315-41-r95S)

AvinashAnad
AvinashAnad Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
HI Guys,
Need Help!! I have acer aspire 3(A315-41-r95S) with 16GB 2133 Mhz(8x2 DDR4) RAM intalled but the DRAM Frequency is showing only 400 MHz. any my boot time is more than other laptops with lower configuration than mine...
 Is there any need to worry... how can we increase this NB and DRAM frequencies..

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the snip of SPD tab for the other slot.
  • AvinashAnad

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    Hello..
    Thank you for looking into it..
    Please find the same..

• AvinashAnad

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    @brummyfan2 is there any issue with it?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,893 Trailblazer
    edited October 2019
    Your CPU-Z 'Memory' stats are correct, CPU-Z only shows single channel spec figures and in your case you have a double channel ram so in 'Memory' your NB Frequency is 532.30MHz which should be multiplied by 2 which equals 1060MHz which in CPU-Z SPD show that you have 'DDR4-2134 (1067 MHz) which checks out and is correct. I'm running SK Hynix PC3 14900 ram on my old V3-571G at single channel and this is my CPU-Z Memory and SPD. 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Your FSB:DRAM ratio is in asynchronous mode, I don't know how to rectify it, please wait for someone else to help you.
  • AvinashAnad

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    Thanks @StevenGen, well that explains the NB Freq..
    Okay @brummyfan2 will wait, Thanks for your help.. 

• Thanks @StevenGen, well that explains the NB Freq..
    Okay @brummyfan2 will wait, Thanks for your help.. 

If you want to learn all about memory overclocking go here https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/memory-overclocking/ as this is an excellent article, that will explain to you perfectly the Synchronous Mode and the Asynchronous Mode (that brummyfan2 mentioned) in bios and how to set it and/or turn it off and use both modes!
  • AvinashAnad

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    @StevenGen But i dont wanna take any further risk.. Is there anyone who has tried and tested and can specify the exact values of FSB:DRAM and how to do it..
  • Stance
    Stance Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    edited November 2019
    You cant  adjust anything at all on this laptop in the bios, the bios is as barebones as it gets and its completely locked. I have the same issue and my ram are running at 1866 not 2400 also in asynch mode which is unbelievably slow.... Unfortunately a bios update won't help you, ive done that. The bios remains a potato.

To add insult to injury my cpu won't go above 1600 in any game benchmarks or games so I'm losing a ton of performance combined with the slow memory and there's nothing I can do about it. Acer needs to fix it with a bios update that allows the CPU to run at max speed instead of watt throttling all the freaking time. My cpu is only 50-55c in games and isnt allowed to work more than 5-15% per core t.t
  • Stance
    Stance Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    #StevenGen That is not correct. FSB:Asynch does not opperate by the bus speed the way that synchronized DDR ram does and is alot slower. His ram speed is what he says, 800 mhz and it should be 2133 so something is way off in this bios cause it's not the ram's fault. I have the same issue.. 2400 Mhz Kingston ram running at 1866 and not a day above it in FSB: Asynch mode. Basically the ram can go up and down in speed as it pleases just like the CPU can and theres alot more latency between the CPU and the RAM so it's bad.
  • SidGup
    SidGup Member Posts: 79 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Can u tell me ur BIOS version bcoz i m using same ram with same configuration