Psychotic Keyboard & mouse - Aspire V15 V3-575T-71US

Dexter1952
Dexter1952 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a Aspire V15 (V3-575T-71US) that is giving me fits.  When I boot it up, most everything is fine but the mouse acts a bit weird when web browsing.  It will not click/open some active tabs.  Scrolls when I don't want it to. The after awhile (5 or 10 minutes)the keyboard no longer responds at all.  I have done:
  • Chkdisc - ok
  • Uninstalled all logitech s/w
  • DISM health thing
  • SFC scannow
  • it has the latest BIOS & W10 updates
  • checked for the latest drivers thru Device Mngr for the keyboards, mice & video
I did replace the touch screen some months ago with a non touch screen, but it has been fine until recently.

Any suggestions?  This thing is not that old to be having all these issues.

Thanx for any suggestions. 

-Bob

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can check the keyboard cable as well.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Dexter1952
    ps- I also tried connecting a external keyboard via USB to no avail.  When the laptop keyboard is working, then the external works also.
  • Do you already need to reinstall Windows by pressing alt + f10?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Homer1952
    Homer1952 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    Alt F10 does nothing.
    I just did the battery reset.  Keyboard is still working for now.
  • Dexter1952
    Battery reset didn't work.  I am now trying a restore point back to the beginning of this month.
  • Homer1952

Tinkerer

Sorry for the alternate ID as the goggle sign in is my alter ego.
    The Acer completed the restore but it still has the issue.
    I can only conclude the laptop has a hardware issue somewhere.
    I may try a W10 refresh.
    -Homer/Dexter
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Homer1952

Tinkerer

I did that update last year.  But for the heck of it I ran the batch file again but it did nothing to fix the issue.
    Now I am have trouble even entering the numeric PIN to boot W10.
    Even in BIOS mode, the internal & external keyboard will not completely work.  Arrow keys will not do anything.  All I can do is F10 ENTER to exit.
    I am beginning to suspect the chipset. This laptop has had an ez lifetime and my first ACER.  Never again.
    Thanx for trying.
  • Have you checked if the problem persists in a live linux distribution?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dexter1952
    I don't know how to do that.  I am self taught & had a bad teacher.
    Just weird that the keyboard will work for a few minutes & then only partially respond.
    Sometimes only numeric part of the keyboard works.
    I keep thinking is a hardware issue like a capacitor or the chipset IC.
    I thought that since this is an Acer forum, the Acer folks would jump in here.  Bad assumption on my part.
    I am going to try another forum not associated with Acer to see if I get some help.
    Thanks for trying.  Bye Bye.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can check the keyboard cable as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Homer1952

Tinkerer

egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho

You won't believe what it was.

It was the tiny 40 pin connector that goes to the laptop display screen.  I removed it, reinstalled it & now the computer works flawlessly.  This laptop is supposed to be touch screen capable

It is amazing how integral & necessary it is to have a flawless video system (h/w & s/w).

-Bob

• Great my friend

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Homer1952

Tinkerer

egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho

It was the tiny 40 pin connector that goes to the laptop display screen.  I removed it, reinstalled it & now the computer works flawlessly.  This laptop is supposed to be touch screen capable

It is amazing how integral & necessary it is to have a flawless video system (h/w & s/w).

-Bob

• Homer1952

Tinkerer

egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho

-Bob