Logitech keyboard and mouse not on my ACER ASPIRE desktop

eebygum
eebygum Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Why does my new logitech wi-fi keyboard and mouse not work properly on my ACER ASPIRE desktop frustrated or what, or does acer only accept acer mice and keyboards

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    @eebygum
    Logitech wi-fi keyboard and mouse should work fine with Acer desktop.
    Could you please elaborate on what exactly happens when you use  the Logitech wi-fi keyboard and mouse with your Acer computer?
  • eebygum
    Hi Sharanji
    The mouse is erratic and sometimes it moves and sometimes it doesn't move the keyboard is the same sometimes it works then sometimes it doesn't , its really frustrating especially when playing a game or trying to type something. I have tried different USB ports, started the computer with the dongle not connected and tried it normally with the dongle connected its very erratic.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    Hi@eebygum 
    was there any windows update on your device recently?
    If your system has both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports, try using the USB 2.0 port first.
    This type of behavior can occur anytime a USB 3.0 device is connected to a system, because the speed of the data flowing over the connection can emit a similar frequency to many Wi-Fi connections (2.4Ghz). Move the device as far as away from the system as the USB cable will allow. This will try and ‘move’ the signals from both the USB connection and the Wi-Fi physically further apart. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• eebygum
    Hi

Thanks for that I will try that and see what happens

Thanks again
  • eebygum
    Hi Sharanji

That did't work. If I hold it near the computer it works, when I move it more that about 9 inches away  it doesn't work.