Screen replacement/Repair KG251Q Fbmidpx

Options
koutamarto
koutamarto Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2022 in Monitors
Hi, in a fit of gaming rage I have damaged one of my KG251Q Fbmidpx displays.
 It looks like the the corner of my mouse has hit it and it now has heaps of coloured lines and it just looks broken.
Is it possible to buy a replacement screen and replace it. if so How would I determine what part number etc is that I need to buy?

Cheers 

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    koutamarto

Hi,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.   Please visit the website support.acer.com  - click on your country - click on contact Details.    They will be able to help you.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "Like"
    if the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options
    Acer does not list a part number for the replacement panel for the KG251Q. Likely because the cost would be prohibitive, as much or more than replacing the whole thing.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • koutamarto
    Options
    billsey said:
    Acer does not list a part number for the replacement panel for the KG251Q. Likely because the cost would be prohibitive, as much or more than replacing the whole thing.
    Figured this would be the case.
    Is there anyway I could find it out? Like opening up the monitor or something?
  • billsey
    Options
    Well you can certainly open the case to see how the display mounts, but without a replacement available there's not much further to go. You might try eBay and Amazon to see if anyone sells it as a used part or a generic replacement.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,095 Trailblazer
    Options
    For information, the Acer part number of the LCD panel is:
    KL.24505.007 - LCD LED PANEL AUO 24.5 W FHD+ NONE GLARE M250HTN01.600 V00-Z19 400NIT 5MS 1000:1
    France
  • koutamarto
    Options
    For information, the Acer part number of the LCD panel is:
    KL.24505.007 - LCD LED PANEL AUO 24.5 W FHD+ NONE GLARE M250HTN01.600 V00-Z19 400NIT 5MS 1000:1
    thankyou
    0713506936 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, I just damaged my laptop screen acer extensa 15 LCD screen, I need the replacement screen where can I find it.

• billsey
    Options

@0713506936 you should start a new thread, in the laptops section, with your question. We are going to need your full model number (likely something like EX215-xxx-xxxx) in order to lookup the part number for the correct screen. There have been a lot of Extensa 15s over the years.