Predator G9-793 PC crashing during game play NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

HousewifeLFG
HousewifeLFG Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all,

I'll start with my computer specifications:
Model: Predator G9-793
Processor: Intel(R) Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8CPUs)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GXT 1070
Memory: 32.7GB RAM
BIOS: V1.14
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

So up until now I have had no issues with this laptop whatsoever. The problem started last night after a couple hours of gaming (no changes to the PC). Randomly while gaming (World of Warcraft Classic at the time) the whole PC froze for about a minute before bugging out and crashing the game client, followed by an error 'Unable to Start up 3D acceleration'. The PC was usable once it sorted this out but it looked like a GPU related issue. 

I have since tried updating drivers and Windows OS and further tests of gameplay have been unsuccessful. The 3D acceleration error only actually appeared on the first crash - now when it crashes the whole PC freezes, bugs out, then reboots automatically after about a minute. There are glitches in the screen some of the time which led me to perform a GPU stress test using FurMark - this test went fine for 10 minutes and then resulted in a PC crash as well. 

The temperature does not seem to be getting too hot, and I can play a game for about 5-10 minutes before this crash occurs. Playing old games such as Warcraft III do not trigger this crash, but both World of Warcraft and Overwatch do.

Is there anything I can do about this? Is my GPU fried? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• HousewifeLFG
    HousewifeLFG Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have also tried reinstalling the graphics driver by uninstalling it in Control Panel and reinstalling on reboot