Problem with Aspire Z@24-890-UA91

Options
canvecchio
canvecchio Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I want to use my Aspire AIO with a Linux operating system, specifically Ubuntu 19.10.  However, the Ubuntu installer does not recognize the ssd.  I removed the Windows 10 that came with the machine (it is new) and reformatted the ssd to ext 4, but the installer will not list the drive as an option.  I am currently running Ubuntu on an external HDD, but I would like to use the SSD installed in the Aspire.

Any suggestions?  I have also raised this question on the Ubuntu forums.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning canvecchio !

Did you follow these steps?

1- ISO must be x64-bit LTS factor
    2- Bios-Uefi must have SecureBoot disabled, set in Uefi Mode
    3- SSD must be in GPT format
    4 - the flash drive must be created in GPT mode with Uefi support

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• canvecchio
    canvecchio Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response.  However, I wasn't able to make any changes because the ssd has disappeared completely.  Both the partition manager and the BIOS now show only the external hdd.  This is new territory for me, and I'm insecure.  Would it help to use the ALT and F10 to restore the default settings?
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Factory restore will only work if recovery partition is intact on HDD.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!